14 oz diced tomatoes
3 cups finely chopped onion
6 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cilantro
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/3 cup molasses or honey
1/3 cup BATEY turbinado sugar
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup white vinegar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan smeared with hot oil, sauté the finely chopped onions and garlic until golden brown.
2. Add honey or molasses, sugar, chili powder, cumin, cilantro and salt to taste. Cook for about three minutes.
3. It is the turn to add the diced tomatoes and apple cider vinegar, stir well and let it reach the boil. Let it simmer for 2 hours.
4. After this time when it has a thick consistency and dark color, add the white vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and pepper to taste.
5. Stir so that all the ingredients are integrated and move on to the last step which is to blend it with 2 cups of water, until achieving a sauce of rather smooth consistency.